I love this picture. It’s so angry, and it’s so representative of me: single.
Maybe you want to say, “Hey, if he could afford to wear weather appropriate clothing, he wouldn’t be single.” Or maybe you secretly want to tell me that judging by that photo my forehead is as big as Rihanna’s… so that’s why I’m single.
Truth is, it’s one of those self-exploratory things. I am now starting to clue into some interesting things: how I represent myself to other people, what I really think of myself, and what shit I really can’t stand.
Put up your hand, here’s 5 things…
- If the first date includes going Dutch, then it’s obviously not going to work (because I’m Asian). Just kidding, joking aside, splitting checks to me kills the romance. And I think that if it’s going to work out, someone is going to step up to the plate, and make that investment. Why not? Frankly also, if I decided/asked/blah/whatever that we should be on a date, then I would expect to pay for it. Manners. Right? Am I wrong?
- Intellectual stimulation is just as important as physical. I have sat through too many situations talking about interiors of restaurants I didn’t care for and praying that there was more wine in my glass to drink so that I could have something to do.
- You can not make yourself too available.
- Effort is everything. “What do you feel like doing?” Why figure out the answer to your own question? “What do you not like to do/what do you like to do?” “How are you doing?” Laziness speaks for lack of effort (and a little lack of intelligence).
- Narcissism even as much as one can try to hide it, it tends to speak out of turn. For me, it tends to talk to me when the other person is naked. And that always is a damn shame.